Bedouins AGM 2018

BEDOUINS AGM 2018

HELD 6th NOVEMBER 2018 2000HRS

Chair Brian Susman (BS)

In attendance: A Susman (AS), A Hill (AH), R Spratley (RS), A Gregory (AG), J Branch (JB), L Bywater (LB), Neil Smith (NS), Mike George (MG), and Jon Stanier (JS).

BS opened the meeting thanking everyone for attending.

  1. APOLOGIES

Apologies received from J Hill, J Howells, T Hancock (TH) and P Lippitt

  1. FIXTURES

BS went through the 2017 fixture list gathering a general consensus as to whether the fixtures would be renewed in 2018.

Wednesday Fixtures

Kinlet (A)

Oldswinford (H/A)

Beacon (H/A)

Enville (H)

A Gregory XI (H)

Belbroughton (H/A)

Sunday Fixtures

Fossils (H/A)

Oldbury Old Boys (H)

Ashby Albion (H)

Kinlet (H)

All in attendance agreed that all fixtures will be attempted to be arranged 2019 as per Enville’s availability.

  1. Treasurers Report

A copy of the Treasurers report was distributed to those present. Club funds are currently healthy showing a loss for the year of £416.25 Total balance at present is £2205.40

As TH was unable to attend, further information on this item was deferred to the ‘Duck Supper’.

  1. SUBSCRIPTIONS

BS and MG indicated that as the club was financially healthy, subscriptions should be maintained at the current rate of £40 per year. All in attendance agreed.

  1. OFFICERS

JB announced that he was standing down as Bedouins Captain due to ongoing issues related to fitness.

BS thanked JB for his service and all in attendance agreed that JB had done a fantastic job throughout his tenure.

BS invited those willing to stand for the Bedouins Captaincy to declare their interest.

LB indicated he would be honored to stand.

JB Nominated LB. MG Seconded. None opposed.

LB named as new Bedouins Captain.

BS asked LB for his thoughts on the now vacant Vice Captain position. LB requested that the decision be deferred to the Duck Supper as some of the candidates could not make the AGM. All agreed.

All other officers agreed to stand again for their posts. None opposed.

  1. DUCK SUPPER

LB confirmed that the annual Duck Supper would take place on 30th November 2018, meeting at 1915hrs ready to sit at 2000hrs.

LB will contact the remaining Bedouins yet to clarify their attendance and gather remaining menu choices.

LB also requested clarification of the number of ladies attending the supper. To be confirmed outside of the meeting.

  1. NETS

BS asked MG for an update on the availability of winter nets.

MG stated that the nets at King Edward VI college were not available for 2019 as the College was moving in a new community-based approach to out of hours use of their facilities.

LB suggested Crestwood School as a possible venue.

NS suggested Kinver High as a new venue as he still had some contacts at the school. All agreed that this would provide a good central location for all.

NS to contact Kinver to check availability and cost and provide update to the committee.

  1. NEXT AGM

The next Bedouins AGM will be held on Tuesday 5th November 2019.

  1. ANY OTHER BUSINESS

Cricket Teas

LB asked BS if Sam was available this year to provide the Cricket teas. BS stated that Sam is available to continue for next season.

Bedouins Tour

This item was discussed again following first proposal at 2017 AGM. However, there was insufficient interest to carry forward.

New Recruits

BS asked if there were any suggestions from the meeting for new members. Although none raised at the meeting all agreed to continue to monitor interest.

Cricket Balls

JB will continue to supply the cricket balls via Enville.

JB to order a dozen balls for the new season.

RS was reminded about the trial of a Pink Cricket ball for low light conditions. RS stated that he will look into this ready for the new season.

Scoring

BS indicated that he will continue to score matches for the 2019 season.

Golf Day

BS to contact John Davidson about arranging 2019 Bedouins Golf Day.

Several potential locations discussed. Bewdley, Sapey and Cleobury discussed.

BS suggested that JD could look for the best deal. All agreed to allow JD to research.

Barry Cottle

AH suggested that the Bedouins should arrange an appropriate memorial for the Clubs Founder and only President Barry Cottle. AH suggested a ‘Champagne Moment’ trophy. All agreed that this would be a fitting tribute to Barry.

AH to source a suitable trophy.

No other business raised, BS closed the meeting at 21:25hrs.

Minutes L Bywater

2 Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.